Monday, January 4, 2016

The Fun of Fan Fiction

Lately, I’ve been indulging in the addictive vice of fan fiction. But I like to take things a step further by inserting my friends into these little short stories. I’ve been particularly enthralled with some fan fiction in the Star Wars universe, making every character some Star War-ish version of one of my real life pals.

Needless to say, it’s pretty low pressure, and all fun, which is what writing’s supposed to be in the first place. Also, my friends get a kick out of seeing themselves in print as they wield lightsabers or fly X-wings through perilous dangers and whatnot. The side benefit is that this type of writing every once in a while helps recharge my creative batteries for larger writing endeavors.

So how are you trying to unwind and let loose with the start of the New Year? Have you seen The Force Awakens? What do you think?   

No comments:

Post a Comment