Friday, November 1, 2013

NaNo WriMo & All I Want for Christmas Bloghop


As per J.A. Bennet’s blog, I’m promoting the All I Want for Christmas bloghop and stating my own NaNo WriMo goals for this month. Needless to say, I’m already questioning my overly ambitious writing goals, but I am enjoying the season and the challenges it brings. Between short-stories and a sequel to my latest manuscript, I’ll be attempting to write 50,000 words this month. Yikes!

November really isn’t the best month for me to be writing, especially since my family has lots of November birthdays, Thanksgiving is coming up, the Holiday shopping season starts, and I’ll probably be putting up Christmas lights/trees before the month is out. Not exactly all conducive to writing. But the flip side is that I love this time of year and I love writing, so what’s one more challenge in an already challenging schedule?

So what are your NaNo goals for this month? Any cool projects in the works? Make sure to check out All I Want for Christmas on Amazon! 

18 comments:

  1. Even if you only hit half the word count, it's more than if you never tried!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I'd be thrilled to reach halfway!

      Delete
  2. I hear you on the November writing scene. I mean, isn't that the busiest month of the year? Here's to reaching your goals and staring doubt in the face! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably do my best writing in spring and summer, but it'll still be fun to try:)

      Delete
  3. Hi Mark! I can't imagine writing 50,000 words in one month! Good luck! It's so fun reading the posts of all the bloggers who are writers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't really imagine it either...fingers crossed:)

      Delete
  4. Hi Mark, I am amazed that you are doing NaNo (I know this is a busy time of the year for you). Hope you get those 50,000 words down. Good luck.

    Btw, there is a surprise for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely a busy time of year, hope you get it all finished!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not so busy over here in Aus, though the prep for Christmas thing is true. We don't have Thanksgiving. I do have my mum's birthday though. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birthdays alone can take up a good bit of time, both my parents' birthdays are this month:)

      Delete
  7. You've got your work cut out for you, Mark! I need a national novel REVISING month. I'm about 1/3 of the way through my mss, hoping to get it out by New Year's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I like that...a national revision month! If you start it, I'll def join:)

      Delete
  8. It's an exercise in finding balance, for sure. NaNo is what started me on getting up so early in the morning to write. You can do it! Don't give up! And thanks for joining our hope :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement:) I'm editing too, so I have to make sure to keep my edit hat off when doing NaNo first drafts:)

      Delete
  9. It's great to be ambitious. We don't know how much we could achieve if we don't give it a go! Hope NaNo's going well. I've managed to keep on track so far, despite November starting off with a long weekend and my wee one has been sick since Friday. At least we got our birthdays out of the way last month! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! Hope your wee one feels better too:)

      Delete